After the Mekong Delta River Cruise conference, why not join us for a once-in-a-lifetime experience through Cambodia's transformed, beautiful landscape.
Cambodia has emerged from its recent tragic past to reveal ancient temple complexes unrivaled in scale and aura, and friendly, open people eager to communicate with the rest of the world and share their knowledge of a truly remarkable national landscape.
A visit to Cambodia should be high on any traveller's wish list, with it's unrivalled and awe-inspiring temples, rich history and incredibly generous communities.
Colourful Siem Reap provides the gateway to the vast UNESCO-designated jungle temples of Angkor Wat —a must-see, monumental experience. We invite you to join Lorenzo and Trudy on this post conference adventure.
From $1,260 per person, this post conference experience includes:
- Bus transfer from Kampong Cham port to Siem Reap
- 4 nights in a Superior Room at the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, including breakfast
- Transportation for day tours
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Dinner with traditional performance
- Airport transfer for departure flight
- Fitness forms must be signed by any person over 70 years
- Visas for Vietnam and Cambodia must be acquired before arriving into these countries.
- Please contact your CPE Travel professional for further details.
- Please have comprehensive travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements, including cancellation.
Details of our private escorted journey through Cambodia
Day 1 – Kampong Cham, transfer to Siem Reap
Disembark and transfer to Siem Reap, gateway to Angkor Wat. Lunch at a local restaurant before checking into the elegant Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, then hop on a remork for a tour of the city. French Colonial and Chinese-style buildings line shady streets, and visitors from all over the world throng colorful open-air markets.
Day 2 – Siem Reap
Angkor Wat is the most recognisable landmark in Cambodia and the largest religious monument in the world. The vast complex was the heart of the ancient Khmer Empire, which ruled this region between the 9th and 12th centuries. Your expedition encompasses the south gate of Angkor Thom (the royal city, which has vanished); Bayon, with its enormous carved heads; Baphuon Temple; the Terrace of the Elephants; and the moss-covered Terrace of the Leper King.
Day 3 – Siem Reap
Explore Banteay Srei—whose exquisite red sandstone carvings are considered the pinnacle of artistic achievement at Angkor—as well as partially restored Banteay Samré and the temple of Ta Prohm, which has been overtaken by the jungle; tentacle-like tree roots spill over millennia-old roofs, enveloping the entire structure. Cap off your day with dinner and a traditional Apsara dance performance.
Day 4 – Siem Reap
Enjoy a day at leisure to self explore.
Day 5 – Siem Reap
Departure day - a transfer will take you to the airport for your onward travels.